My name is Ahmed Ran and I am a Business Development Manager for an international consulting firm based in the Horn of Africa, as well as engaged in various private sector development engagements in Somalia. I have demonstrated business development experience in Somalia, UK, Italy, Uganda, and Kenya. I am highly skilled in designing business plans, proposals generating leads, financial modelling and planning, writing investment pitch decks, designing research methodologies, assessing strategies and business analytics, content creation, market research and SEO management. I believe that my experience with global and domestic clients will be highly suited to help your business grow.
My key skills achievements include:
I possess a variety of skill-sets related to helping businesses grow and have personally designed pitch decks and presented for investment opportunities. I am very familiar with designing initial business plans, presentations and budgets for businesses in a variety of sectors and would be happy to provide further assistance to your business as required.
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
Contracted to lead the establishment of the business development department at Consilient Research. This entails:
• Building the internal systems to enable the pursuit and management of new business;
• Hiring, training and managing team of officers for future handover of business development department;
• Pursuing new business and managing contractual process of projects;
• Developing research/evaluation methodologies, fieldwork plans, and budgets for large-scale research projects.
• Lead the website design and branding of this new research entity in Somalia
Key achievements at Forcier include the direct involvement and management of securing over $1.7m dollars of new business for Forcier in the Horn of Africa, which includes small to large-scale research projects for clients such as the Somalia Stability Fund (Adam Smith International), DFID, Oxfam, IPE Tripleline, Danish Refugee Council, UNICEF, amongst others. My role entailed:
• Managing Horn of Africa business development department team and activities;
• Developing research methodologies, fieldwork plans, and budgets for large-scale research initiatives;
• Writing technical and financial proposals for our clients, which include UN agencies, international non-governmental organisations, and donor governments;
• Leading communication and correspondence with our clients throughout negotiations and contracting;
• Identify business partnership and expansion opportunities in the Horn of Africa.
The European Innovation Academy is a three-week extreme-accelerator program for very early stage startups. In 2016, I took part in the European Innovation Academy in Turin, launching and pitching our personalized Facebook integrated chatbot assistant solution for big conferences and events.
My role as a Commercial Business Analyst within the Greater Europe diesel generator sales team entailed:
• Supporting the Greater European sales managers in facilitating cross-regional sales, whilst tracking forecasts across our regional units;
• Presenting quarterly updates to management;
• Analyzing market opportunities and providing economic updates to regional managers;
• Consolidating and creating financial documents for our territory managers;
Add work education to your profile. (optional)
We will review the reports from both freelancer and employer to give the best decision. It will take 3-5 business days for reviewing after receiving two reports.