· Translate Somali to English and vice versa
· I write and tell the news live
· Record programs for the radio
· Editing programs
I was in solid training for the first month. I know how to speak loudly, clearly and in a professional manner and how to present myself too. I also taught myself how to write like a news reporter, where my trainer would look and correct my work. After I finished the first training, I moved on to the second phase of training (on job training), where I translated fluently between the two languages I applied for and had voice testing. I now speak on the microphone on the radio, translate and even assist writing newspapers at times, since I started the job properly. I thrive to continue being an asset in this ministry and hopefully gain more roles as a staff eventually.
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
• Help customers book ticket at a cheaper price
• Help customers who want a emergency or quick travel
• We also help book extra supplies, like pushchairs or wheelchairs for anyone with disabilities or young infants
• Travel agencies are generally more convenient for people to book tickets
• This taught me to be patient, understanding and kind towards customers
• Worked with two groups: Young teenagers (aged 11 to 16) to help keep them off the streets
• Activities with autistic/disabled people, of all ages
• Worked with children and helped them stay in school by changing their attitude
• Supported the kids with their revision and future visions and plans
• Helped organise a couple of charity days full of activities for the whole neighbourhood to take part in for a small fee to help raise as much money for Youth centres.
The young people helped me build up my communications skills with them, and this allowed me to understand them as being a young teenager can be a difficult time. I got to know how to handle disabilities and how to work and deal with them. This improved my attitude towards them and I felt comfortable, as it made me realise and see a different perspective of my surroundings.
Add work education to your profile. (optional)
We will review the reports from both freelancer and employer to give the best decision. It will take 3-5 business days for reviewing after receiving two reports.